Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
So our diabetic friends can enjoy a slice also!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- egg substitute (equivalent to 2 eggs)
- 2 egg whites
- artificial sweetener (equivalent to 3/4 cup sugars)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs
- light whipped topping (and additional cinnamon) (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, milk, egg substitute, egg whites and sweetener, beat until smooth.
- Add the spices and salt, beat until well mixed.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs.
- Pour into a 9-in. pie plate that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 325'F for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- If desired, garnish with a dollop of whipped topping and sprinkling of cinnamon.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Sweet 'N Low or Sweet One are recommended for baking.