Recipe by it'scolleen
This is an adaption of several other recipes. I find it is very moist, and is a wonderful treat for those diabetics in your life.
Top Review by recipehelp
I used Truvia for this recipe instead of Splenda. It tasted great but has a real gummy texture. It baked beautifully and then collapsed to half of its size as it cooled. Will try again using Splenda.
- 1⁄2 cup bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 7 1⁄2 ounces pumpkin puree (1/2 can)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan, and set aside.
- Combine flours, salt, pumpkin spice, and baking powder in a med sized bowl.
- Combine egg, cannola oil, splenda, pumpkin, and apple sauce in another bowl.
- Mix wet mixture until well blended, slowly add in dry mixture.
- When well mixed, pour into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and lay loaf pan on it's side to remove the bread.
- Slice into 12 and enjoy!