Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Fast easy oatmeal cookies for the dieter or diabetic in the family. You can add raisins or craisins. This recipe came from a friend and then I changed it to add the splenda instead of sugar. For the oatmeal, I personally used the 3-minute type. I like the cookies because I love cookies and since I am now diabetic I can't have any so of course I think these are great!
- Beat together: shortning, sugars, egg, water, and vanilla until creamy.
- Combine in a separate bowl, flour, salt and soda and cinnamon.
- Add to creamy mixture, then fold in the raisins and oats, mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Makes 5 dozen small or you can make them larger.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
Not to be argumentative but these are NOT completely sugar free. The Splenda Brown sugar blend is just that-A blend of Splenda and regular brown sugar. If you truly cannot have ANY sugar then be aware of that!