Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Fast easy oatmeal cookies for the dieter or diabetic in the family. You can add raisins or craisins. This recipe came from a friend and then I changed it to add the splenda instead of sugar. For the oatmeal, I personally used the 3-minute type. I like the cookies because I love cookies and since I am now diabetic I can't have any so of course I think these are great!
- 3⁄4 cup Crisco shortening
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Beat together: shortning, sugars, egg, water, and vanilla until creamy.
- Combine in a separate bowl, flour, salt and soda and cinnamon.
- Add to creamy mixture, then fold in the raisins and oats, mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Makes 5 dozen small or you can make them larger.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
Not to be argumentative but these are NOT completely sugar free. The Splenda Brown sugar blend is just that-A blend of Splenda and regular brown sugar. If you truly cannot have ANY sugar then be aware of that!