Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe recommends you spread on carrot cake. This came from Obesity Help. I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 16 teaspoons Equal sugar substitute (16 packets, each packet equaling sweetness of 2 teaspoons sugar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- Beat together cream cheese and margarine. Then stir in Equal®, vanilla and milk until powder is moistened. Beat until smooth.
- Frosts 2 - 9" round layers of cake or two dozen cupcakes.
I made this with 2 substitutes. I used Splenda vs Equal and butter vs margarine, since those were what I had on hand. This was perfect for the simple box cake mix I made in a hurry. It was a red velvet that really needed the help of a good frosting and this was perfect. I combined everything in my food processor and let it blend for about 15 seconds and then put in the fridge for an hour or so. It tastes really rich and cream cheesy without being crazy sweet. It absolutely saved the life of that box mix red velvet cake. :)