Recipe by Chef mariajane
These decorative ideas are a smart choice for special occasions as they don't have any fat and they add less than 30 calories to the dessert. It's also good for the diabetic, no sugar!!
- 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup liquid egg, well shaken
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- fat-free whipped topping
- fat-free chocolate syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream margarine with applesauce and Splenda. Stir in eggs, vanilla and instant coffee until smooth.
- Blend flour with cocoa, salt and baking powder and stir into egg mixture.
- Spread batter in an 8-inch baking pan lightly greased with margarine.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until edges of brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan, but the center is still slightly gooey.
- When ready to serve, add a dollop of fat-free whipped topping, and decorate the plate wirh a drizzle of fat-free chocolate sauce. Top it off with a strawberry. M-M-M-M Good!