Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I adapted this recipe from "Mad About Muffins" to make it sugar-free. My family and I thought they turned out very good - my "growing" teenage brother ate about 8 of the 12 muffins in one sitting!
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and honey until mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Beat in the egg.
- Add the vanilla extract, baking powder and salt.
- Sift and whisk together whole wheat pastry flour and all-purpose white flour.
- Mix the flour and milk into the wet mixture a little at a time alternately, mixing gently by hand.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Fill greased muffin tins with muffin mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until lightly browned.
- Makes 1 dozen muffins.
Trying to be better with my sugar intake and this is an amazing start! I got 17 muffins out of my first batch. I live above 5300 ft. & I made no modifications - they turned out yummy! They are juicy because of the mass quantity of blueberries. My kids went back for seconds.