Recipe by MsTeechur
This makes a smooth, flavorful ice cream. I was looking for banana ice cream recipes online, and then thought if I just used smoothie-fixings and then poured it into the ice cream maker, it just might work. Well what do you know? It does!
- 6 small bananas (very ripe, frozen)
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flakes (no sugar added)
- 1 ounce rum
- 1 cup pineapple (frozen)
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sure fruits are soft frozen if you want the ice cream right away.
- If hard frozen let sit at room temperature for about half an hour.
- Put all ingredients except coconut into a good blender like a Vitamix or Ninja.
- Blend until smooth, although a few chunks are fine.
- Pour into ice cream maker and follow directions on your ice cream maker.
- The last 5 minutes add the coconut. I use plain coconut flakes and toast them for a little more flavor.
- If the fruit is not cold, chill it in the freezer for a few hours, or in the fridge overnight.