Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
Another recipe from the Courier-Journal, our local newspaper. This one comes from the Whistle Stop Cafe. I have not made it yet, but will admit it sounds very yummy!
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Defrost a prepared pie crust or fit a homemade crust into a 9" pie pan.
- Combine the brown sugar and flour in a bowl. Remove 1/3 Celsius of the mixture and reserve.
- Spread the rest of the sugar mixture in the bottom of the unbaked crust.
- Combine half and half, whipping cream and vanilla, in a large bowl. Add the reserved dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour gently into the pie crust atop the sugar/flour mixture.
- Top with the melted butter, and lightly sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes When it is done, the filling will be bubbly and lightly browned in places. Cool completely, then chill.
- **NOTE: Filling will be very LIQUIDY before baking - be careful moving to oven.