Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family loves frosted sugar cookies, but they are very time consuming to make. I have tried various sugar cookie bars recipes, but none of them tasted just right. So I made my own recipe. After many changes and revisions, here is the perfect recipe.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- preheat oven to 350.
- spray a 9x13 glass baking pan with Pam.
- Cream butter, sugar and cream cheese.
- Mix in vanilla. almond extract and egg
- Add dry ingredients and mix till combined.
- Wet your hands and press dough in baking pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until starting to brown around edges.
- Let cool completely.
- Frost with your favorite buttercream frosting.
- I like to top them off with sprinkles.