Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My Sister-In-Law makes these nuts for the holidays. They are so easy to make and will disappear quick, so make a couple batches, give them as gifts or simply put in a candy dish around the house during the holidays. So Yummy!
- Stir together 1st 3 ingredients until sugar melts.
- Cook to soft ball stage (236 degrees).
- add 1 tsp of vanilla.
- mix till mixture begins to thicken.
- Add 3 1/2 C walnuts or pecans stir till coated.
- turn out on greased platter or cookie sheet till cool.
- When cool enough to touch break them in pieces.
well I would never have thought to add sour cream to a cooked coating mixture but it worked, it gave the nuts a very slight tangy flavor, will make again, thanks for sharing V!...Kitten:)
Just finished making these for Thanksgiving. They are absolutely wonderful. I plan on putting them out in little dishes for people to snack on before our big Thanksgiving dinner is serve. Besides snacking, these will be great to sprinkle on a salad to add a nice sweetness and crunch. Great recipe, Chef~V!!!!
these were THE BOMB they were great to snack on in a salad and to eat so on thr run.... this was a little out side the box or me i had never make a candy anything will enjoy theses oten thanks for sharing