photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
2 cups nuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and evaporated milk in medium saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- The mixture should be brought to the soft stage, which is at 235°-240° on a candy thermometer.
- The soft stage is when a small amount dropped into cold water forms a soft, flexible ball.
- Add the nuts and vanilla.
- Stir until the mixture can no longer be stirred.
- Turn out on wax paper and let cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!