Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another great recipe from my friend Sue. Sue Says: This one's a 5 star here at our house. I usually do them on the grill. FOOD SAFETY NOTE: Before serving the remaining mustard mixture with the cooked pork chops, it is important to heat the mixture to boiling to eliminate any contamination which may have occurred from brushing the mustard mixture onto the raw pork chops.
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2-1 jalapeno chile, seeded, chopped
- 2 (4 -6 ounce) pork loin chops
- Heat grill on medium heat.
- In small bowl, combine mustard, honey, garlic and chili; mix well. If desired, sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Brush half of mustard mixture over both sides of pork chops.
- When ready to grill, place pork chops on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4-6" from medium coals. Cook 10-14 minutes, or until pork is no longer pink in center, turning once.
- Meanwhile, place remaining mustard mixture on small microwave-safe dish. Microwave on HIGH for 30-60 seconds, or until mixture comes to a boil.
- Serve with pork chops.
- To broil, place food on broiler pan and broil 4-6" from heat using times provided above as guide.
AMAZING! My BF said this was the best pork he'd ever had. I followed the recipe exactly except used Dijon mustard instead of yellow. I cooked them on a grill pan for 6 minutes per side. Perfect combination of sweet and hot. Next time I'd love to try it with roasted jalapenos. I was also told that next time I need to make extra sauce and serve over rice. :) Thanks so much.
Talk about great flavored chops, here they are!! I didn't grill mine, but baked them in the oven for 45 minutes in a preheated 350 oven. I kept brushing the chops with the sauce while cooking and flipping them as I did. I will be making them on a regular basis from now on as they were well received by both DD and DS who requested them again next week. I served them with garlic and onion roasted potatoes, peas, and applesauce. Thank you!