1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
Growing up in the 60's, those lazy Sunday afternoons after church were full of family and friends gathering together for delicious food, great company and good conversation – so full of love and tradition. Women gathered in the steamy kitchen gossiping, laughing, and cooking family favorites. Like mom's delicious chicken and vegetable dish, which was always a winner at pot-lucks, dinner parties and family gatherings. It is very easy and quick to prepare - An excellent choice on those hectic weeknights. TIP: Be sure to have plenty of crusty Italian or French bread on hand -- The flavorful chicken broth is great for dipping!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 chicken legs or 8 chicken thighs
- 1/2 lb red potatoes, washed & quartered
- 1/2 lb baby carrots, washed
- 1 yellow squash, washed & cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 zucchini, washed & cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 cups button mushrooms, cleaned & sliced in half
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 large red onion, peeled & sliced into thin rings
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, rub between fingers to waken flavor
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley, rub between fingers to waken flavor
- kosher salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter (NOT MARGARINE)
- 2 cups chicken broth (Or as needed)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Wash chicken, pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- 3Arrange the next six (6) ingredients around the chicken. (Tuck the garlic in between the chicken pieces.) Top with the onion rings.
- 4Season with the onion and garlic powder, dried rosemary and parsley, salt and pepper.
- 5Place a 1/2 tablespoon of butter on each chicken piece. Pour chicken broth into baking dish - to a level of about 1/2-inch.
- 6Cover baking dish with foil; cook for 1 hour in pre-heated oven. Remove foil and continue to cook until the vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Succulent Chicken With Flavorful Vegetables: a 1-Dish Delight
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.6
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 205.1 mg
- Sodium 527.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 45.4 g