Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This isnt your every day macaroni and cheese.
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 ounces flour
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 lb extra sharp goats milk cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 lb gruyere cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb Fontina cheese, grated
- 1 lb pasta shells or 1 lb penne
- 4 1⁄2 ounces panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, melt your butter over lowe heat and then whisk in flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in your milk and cook over low heat, constantly whisking until mixture becomes thinkened.
- Whisk in salt, pepper, allspice, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in cheeses and remove from heat and cover.
- Cook pasta in required amount of boiling water for 10 mins until slightly undercooked and then drain.
- Stir into cheese sauce.
- Add pasta to a casserole dish and add cheese mixture to it and fold over and over until thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle with panko and place dish into your preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and panko is golden brown.
There is two listings for whole milk...one quart and 1-1/2 cups. Is this correct? Please verify milk amount needed.
Guess that an answer to the milk question will not happen. Not good.
Please verify the milk AMOUNTS! Thanks