Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a slight variation on another sugar cookie recipe I got out of a magazine. The original recipe called for more flour than I used because that recipe was for roll out cookies, this recipe makes drop cookies. If you want to make roll out cookies, use 2 cups flour instead of 1 1/4 cup. For a different flavor (besides vanilla), try using almond or butter extract (same amount).
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream butter and sugar in bowl until fluffy.
- Add egg and mix until well blended.
- Mix in baking powder and extract.
- Add flour by 1/4 cup at a time. This makes mixing a lot easier, and is better if working with children. If batter is slightly too thin, add flour by teaspoonfuls until desired texture is attained.
- Drop cookies onto baking sheet by tablespoonfuls. These tend to spread out a lot, so it may be best to only put 6-8 on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.
Quick. Simple. Delicious. Try adding lemon zest!
I needed a simple recipe for my 3year old granddaughter and I to make quickly to stop her tears. They were yummy and so easy. We added cinnamon and cardamom and rolled them in more sugar and cinnamon before baking. Yummy
Not bad for such a simple recipe. I am a big fan of Lemon cookies, so I added Lemon extract instead of the Vanilla extract the recipe calls for. I will definitely keep this recipe on-hand.