Sugar Cookies - No Break, Fail-Safe and Foolproof
photo by AngelaTN
- Ready In:
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a second bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Sift flour mixture into butter mixture 1 cup at a time and blend well.
- Roll dough into ball and chill 3-4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to prepare cookies, preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll out dough and cut into shapes.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with colored sugar or candies if desired (or frost cookie once baked and cooled).
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove cookies to a rack to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Finally...a cut-out sugar cookie success!! Like Angela I have tried many a recipe to only spell FAILURE! Thank heavens I tried one more time. Made this recipe yesterday as a good cut-out cookies is tradition for Christmas. They looked beautiful and tasted really good. Thank-you for submitting this recipe it will now be a tradition every year in my home.
Excellent cookie. Rolled out perfectly (I did let it rest on the counter for 1/2 hr. 1st because I made the dough the day before) but after that it was great. I baked them for 10 min. per tray and they came out looking beautiful with the xmas sprinkles on them. Taste great too, a welcome addition to my xmas cookie platter. Thanks very much Angela