Recipe by 2SpiceItUp
I went to a Christmas dinner and this dish was served, but the cook left before I could get the recipe. This is what I came up with to replicate it and it is very close. Makes a lovely side dish for pork, chicken or turkey.
- 1 (6 ounce) box chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 (9 3/4 ounce) canchicken in water
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) jarheinz homestyle turkey gravy
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 2-qt casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl shred chicken and mix with onion. Add all ingredients except cheese.
- Pour into prepared dish and top with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes until hot through.
- Turn oven to broil and remove foil.
- Cook until cheese starts to brown. 2-3 minutes.