Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this in one of the sale ads in todays paper. Great for anytime of the year.
Make and share this Stuffed Turkey Breast recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) packagecroutons with bacon bits
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry, dressing
- 1 (5 lb) turkey breast, uncooked
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cheesecloth, for each breast half
- dry white wine, for basting
- Combine butter, onion, celery, croutons, broth, parsley, and poultry seasoning.
- Cut turkey breast in thick slices from the breastbone to rib cage, leaving slices attached to bone(crosswise across breast).
- Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper.
- Soak cheesecloths (24 x 26) in wine. Place turkey on cheesecloth, and stuff bread mixture into slits between turkey slices.
- Fold one end of cheesecloth over the other to cover meat.
- Place on metal rack in a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low 7-9 hours, or until tender, pouring additional wine over turkey during cooking.
- Remove from pot and remove cheesecloth immediately.
- If browner breast is preferred, remove from pot and brown in oven at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing through, and serving.
- To thicken the drippings if you wish, for the gravy mix 3 tablespoons cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water. When smooth, stir into broth, with turkey removed from cooker.
- Turn cooker to high, and stir until cornstarch paste is dissolved.
- Allow to cook 10 minutes, until broth is thickened, and smooth.