Prep 25 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Found this in one of the sale ads in todays paper. Great for anytime of the year.
Make and share this Stuffed Turkey Breast recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) packagecroutons with bacon bits
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry, dressing
- 1 (5 lb) turkey breast, uncooked
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cheesecloth, for each breast half
- dry white wine, for basting
- Combine butter, onion, celery, croutons, broth, parsley, and poultry seasoning.
- Cut turkey breast in thick slices from the breastbone to rib cage, leaving slices attached to bone(crosswise across breast).
- Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper.
- Soak cheesecloths (24 x 26) in wine. Place turkey on cheesecloth, and stuff bread mixture into slits between turkey slices.
- Fold one end of cheesecloth over the other to cover meat.
- Place on metal rack in a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low 7-9 hours, or until tender, pouring additional wine over turkey during cooking.
- Remove from pot and remove cheesecloth immediately.
- If browner breast is preferred, remove from pot and brown in oven at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing through, and serving.
- To thicken the drippings if you wish, for the gravy mix 3 tablespoons cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water. When smooth, stir into broth, with turkey removed from cooker.
- Turn cooker to high, and stir until cornstarch paste is dissolved.
- Allow to cook 10 minutes, until broth is thickened, and smooth.