Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Refreshing vegetarian dish
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemons, rind of
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped, fresh, dried dill weed or 2 tablespoons snipped, fresh, dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped, seeded cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green olives
- 6 large ripe tomatoes
- For dressing, combine white wine or apple juice, lemon peel, lemon juice,olive oil, fresh or dried dillweed, parsley, garlic, pepper, and salt.
- For filling, toss together rice, garbanzo beans, sweet pepper, cucumber, raisins, carrot, green onion, and olives in a large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss until evenly coated.
- Cove and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Core each tomato.
- Make six lengthwise cuts from top of each tomato almost to but not through the bottom, creating six wedges.
- Gently fan out wedges; place tomato on each serving plate.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup filling into each tomato.
I had this for lunch and it was great. I substituted the brown rice for wild rice though.