Stuffed Nasturtium Flowers
Nasturtium flowers are more than just beautiful, they are delicious! They have a wonderful spicy, peppery flavor, a little like a radish, only sweeter and tangier. In the ingredients it says nasturtium petals, but whole flowers should be used(computer glitch).
- Ready In:
- 12 nasturtium petals (whole flowers)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced fine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh chives (you may use chive blossoms, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh lemon verbena (or lemon balm, lemon thyme, lemon basil, lemon catnip, or lemon zest)
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Make sure flowers are clean and dry. Pick as close to serving time as possible, but definitely the same day. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Mix cream cheese thoroughly with herbs. Season to taste. Place 1 or 2 teaspoons of mixture (depending on size of flower) in center of flower. Pull petals upwards to cover the cheese as much as possible. Press lightly into cheese to stick. This makes 4 servings, 4 stuffed flowers per person.