Recipe by TGirl,RN
A different twist on your basic stuffed/twice baked potato. Great for lunch or as a side dish ! Prep time is the intial baking of the potatoes. Cook time is the second baking of the completed dish.
Top Review by dale!
Thanks for posting this great way to cook sweet potatoes! I just used 1 sweet potato, which I cut in half for 2 of us as a side dish. I didn't add the margarine and used dried onion flakes. Very easy to make and very tasty.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄3 cup ham, fully cooked and chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub and pierce potatoes and bake at 350 degrees for 65-75 minutes or until tender.
- Allow potatoes to cool, then cut a thin slice off the top.
- Scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4 inch shell.
- In a bowl, mash potato pulp with margarine.
- Add remaining ingredients and spoon mixture back into potato shells.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through.