Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
A different twist on your basic stuffed/twice baked potato. Great for lunch or as a side dish ! Prep time is the intial baking of the potatoes. Cook time is the second baking of the completed dish.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄3 cup ham, fully cooked and chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Scrub and pierce potatoes and bake at 350 degrees for 65-75 minutes or until tender.
- Allow potatoes to cool, then cut a thin slice off the top.
- Scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4 inch shell.
- In a bowl, mash potato pulp with margarine.
- Add remaining ingredients and spoon mixture back into potato shells.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Thanks for posting this great way to cook sweet potatoes! I just used 1 sweet potato, which I cut in half for 2 of us as a side dish. I didn't add the margarine and used dried onion flakes. Very easy to make and very tasty.
A quite nice idea for a quick lunch. I microwaved the potatoes instead of baking them in the oven, because time was short. Very easy and tasty. Thanks.