Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Pierce sweet potatoes with fork and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 50 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350*.
- Cut lengthwise slice off top of each potato.
- Scoop out centers, leaving 1/8 inch thick shell.
- In medium bowl, mash potato pulp.
- Add milk, butter and brown sugar; beat til fluffy.
- Spoon mixture back into shells.
- Place shells in large shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350* for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Join The Conversation
Excellent! Loved this simple, easy, but wow with taste and ka-pow with delight! I did these exactly as written, except quartering the potato after baking. So..I made good sized "boats" and put the delicious tasting in-ards right into the boat, after mixing them and adding the rest of the ingredients. I topped with a green onion stem - and browned in the oven. Man, these flew off the plate so fast you would of thought these were peas in a freezer bag. Simply a 5 star plus recipe. YUM! Baby Pac DuChick - 2011
Ah, this recipe is up there among my GREAT FINDS on Zaar. I love sweet potatoes, and having now made - and LOVED - this recipe, my mind is abuzz with other possibilities! I'd never made or even thought of stuffing sweet potatoes. Cannot imagine why not, but I haven't! I tried to keep my ideas for variations in check (and that's always difficult for me) so I made only a few itsy-bitsy changes. I opted for the decadence of sour cream in place of the milk, and added some orange and lemon zest and some cinnamon. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe, DuChick!