1/6 Photos of Stuffed Pasta Shells for Meat-Lovers
1 hr 20 mins
These are quite possible the best you can make! I came up with this recipe to satisfy my carnivorous family and incorporate my love for Italian food. These have a ton of meat, but still a nice amount of the traditional ricotta cheese and spinach. These can also be great appetizer, due to the large amount the recipe yields.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (26 ounce) jar Prego spaghetti sauce, any variety
- 1 (8 ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess juice
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 lb of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1Brown ground beef and drain. Return to pan.Saute onions and garlic in pan with cooked meat for approximately 3 minutes. Set aside.
- 2Boil salted water to cook the pasta shells according to package al dente style. Strain and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, mix ricotta, parmasan, and 2/3 package of shredded mozzarella. Add italian seasoning, garlic pepper, eggs and milk and mix thoroughly. Mix in meat and spinach.
- 4In a large baking dish, pour enough sauce to cover the bottom of the pan lightly. Fill each shell with large rounded tablespoons of meat and cheese mixture, and place in pan. Be sure to closely place the shells together so they don't get hard while baking.
- 5*If there are too many shells for one pan, make a secong and store tightly covered in freezer until later use.
- 6Pour remaining sauce evenly over all of the shells. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover tightly with aluminum foil, and bake at 375 for 35-45 minutes. Take foil off pan, and bake additional 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Pasta Shells for Meat-Lovers
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1031.9
- Calories from Fat 441
- Total Fat 49.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 272.5 mg
- Sodium 1006.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 65.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic pepper seasoning