Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a microwave recipe. I have not made this yet but am putting it here for safe keeping.
- 12 medium mushrooms (about 8 oz)
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -4 drops red pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Wash mushrooms. Remove stems and chop fine.
- Place mushrooms caps on paper towels on turntable or dinner plate. Microwave at medium-high (70%) 1 minute Drain and set aside.
- Place bacon in medium bowl. Microwave at high until crisp, 2-3 minute Drain.
- Add chopped mushroom stems, onions, salt, pepper and red pepper sauce, if using. Microwave on high until mushrooms and onions are tender, 2-3 1/2 minute
- Blend in flour; stir in cream until smooth. Reduce power to medium-high (70%). Microwave until thickened and smooth, 2-3 min., stirring once or twice during cooking.
- Stir in cheese.
- Fill each mushroom cap with bacon mixture. Place around outer edge of 9-inch pie plate or dinner plate. Microwave at high until cheese melts, 1-1 1/2 minutes.