Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Absolutely delicious stuffed Lamb Hash and sauce!
Make and share this Stuffed Lamb Hash With Red Wine Sauce and Carrot Purée recipe from Food.com.
- 24 ounces leg of lamb, boneless and skinless
- 4 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1⁄8 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, for hashbrowns
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 5 ounces fresh carrots
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons shallots, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, soften
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, for stuffing
- 6 ounces spinach
- 375 ml red wine, half bottle
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- Cut lamb to butterfly then pound with meat tenderizer to be ½ inch thickness.
- Prepare mixing bowl, place butter, garlic, shallot, cilantro, mushroom, cumin, breads crumb and corn starch into the bowl to stir, add salt and mix well.
- Boil spinach and carrots separately then cool down, Place carrots and water into the blender to make carrot puree and save into small sauce pan.
- Spread stuffing on meat then spread spinach, roll it up.
- Wrap with plastic film firmly and tighten, Rest in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Julienne green onion then mix to Simply Potatoes Shredded Hashbrowns. Add salt and squeeze water out.
- Sprinkle flour on meat surface then egg wash, attach hash brown around meat.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Heat large skillet on medium heat until smoke comes out.
- Place canola oil into the skillet. Sear all side hashbrown carefully.
- Cook in oven 15-20 minutes and golden brown outside. Baste several times during cooking.
- Take out from oven, place on cookie sheet to be rest 15-20 minutes.
- Place sugar into the sauce pan, heat on medium heat to make caramel.
- Add red wine and reduce until ¼ then add beef stock.
- Reduce until ¼, season with salt and pepper, add butter to stir well.
- Slice meat and place on serving plate, serve with sauce and carrot puree.