Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I brought these to a family Labor Day cookout and they were gobbled up! Easy and very good! (These can also be baked in a 425 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes on speed bake or until pepper is done but not overcooked and bacon is beginning to crisp)
- 16 ounces spicy pork sausage
- 30 jalapeno peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 lbs turkey bacon
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Lightly oil the grate.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until browned. Drain excess grease, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, slice the peppers in half lengthwise, and remove and discard the seeds and membrane.
- Fill one half of each pepper with cream cheese, and the other half with sausage. Put the pepper halves back together, and wrap with a slice of bacon to hold.
- Secure bacon with a toothpick.
- Grill peppers for about 15 minutes, turning to ensure even cooking until bacon is crisp, and pepper is toasted.
- Let them cool down a bit, then eat 'em.
We called these Jalapeno Heart Poppers. I mixed the cream cheese and sausage together before stuffing them and added some shredded Marble Jack and bread crumbs. It was a messy operation on the grill but well worth it, they were all gone in a matter of moments.