Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Oven baked, and perfect for a snack or appetizer. I got this from my aunt last time I visited and I am now addicted.
- 15 jalapenos, halved and seeds removed
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups corn flake crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and mayo in a food processor until smooth.
- whisk egg and milk together.
- Stuff cheese mixture into jalapenos and dip into egg mixture.
- roll peppers in cornflake crumbs and place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Loved these. The boys (my husband and roommate) put them together, I just gave them the recipe and then put them in the oven. The cheese mixture was fantastic, and I loved the fact that these were baked and not fried. Ours were a little raw - but they were sharing the oven with 2 pans of enchiladas and another casserole. We thought that blanching the jalapenos first might be the way to go if we try to bake them with other stuff again.
These were absolutely wonderful, Diane! Only changes I made were to sub vegan ingredients, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Thanks so much for a quick appetizer recipe--my fiance LOVES jalapenos!
These turned out pretty good. I like the filling. The first time I used the corn flakes, my DH loved them, I thought they were to sweet. This time I used bread crumbs and they were good as well. Thanks for the recipe.