Recipe by Angie D.
I get many requests for this recipe, so I decided to post it here on Zaar. Its a little different from other stuffed jalapeño recipes because these are served cold. This recipe makes A LOT of appetizers.
- 16 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese, grated
- 5 ounces slivered almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) jar bacon bits
- 1 1⁄2 cups Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 5 (10 ounce) canswhole jalapeno peppers (I use Faro brand)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place jalapeños in a 13 x 9 glass dish or large bowl. Cover with ice and let chill 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise. Scrape out seeds.
- Combine all remaining ingredients, stuff pepper halves.
- Store in a airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- **Note: You may need an extra can of jalapeños. Sometimes I use 5 cans, sometimes 6. It depends on how big the peppers are in the brand that you use.