Bbq Stuffed Jalapenos
photo by Vicki in CT
- Ready In:
- mix cream cheese, cajun spice, and garlic powder together make sure they are well mixed.
- (you can add more cajun spice to give these guys a real kick).
- remove stems from jalapenos and cut lengthwise remove all the seeds and as much of the white veins as possible to allow room for filling.
- fill each jalapeno half with some cream cheese mixture.
- wrap a half slice of bacon around the half and secure with a toothpick.
- when coals are ready place jalapenos on the grill filling side up and cook for 10 minutes or until bacon is done (changed color and sizzling).
- these little guys can get real hot if you want them to or they can be as mild as i make them.
- just be sure to mix the cream cheese mix well or you will get a few hot and the rest mild.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Took these to a tailgate this past weekend and they were gone as soon as they were grilled! We needed to flip them to fully cook the bacon and I highly recommend using a skewer through the middle of multiple poppers, it made turning that much easier!! I also added about a cup of finely shredded cheddar cheese to the filling as I'm a cheese addict.
Of course I believe adding Tony's to just about anything makes it better, and I believe that the addition of it and the garlic powder put your basic stuffed jalapeno recipe over the top! This is the only way I make them now. If you're not grilling other foods and pressed for time, you can also bake these in the oven at about 400 for 20 minutes - broil for a few if bacon isn't brown. Best stuffed jalapeno recipe ever!