Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a far cry from the original recipe it was born from. I adjusted a bit every time until I found the taste I was looking for.
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 16 ounces marinara sauce
- 8 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil 1 quart of water, add rice and return to boil then simmer 20 minutes.
- Cut Peppers vertically, cut out stem and scrape insides of excess seeds and flesh. Be sure not to puncture the wall of the pepper.
- In a large pot, boil the peppers for 5 minutes.
- Remove rice and peppers, drain both and set aside.
- In a large skillet cook ground pork, mushrooms and onion until meat has browned thoroughly.
- In a large pot, mix cooked rice and marinara sauce, heat low/medium heat for 2 or 3 minutes then add meat mixture, Worcestershire sauce, parsley and basil.
- Heat mixture for 5 minutes.
- Stuff peppers with mixture and top each pepper with Mozzarella,.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.