This is a far cry from the original recipe it was born from. I adjusted a bit every time until I found the taste I was looking for.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Boil 1 quart of water, add rice and return to boil then simmer 20 minutes.
- 3Cut Peppers vertically, cut out stem and scrape insides of excess seeds and flesh. Be sure not to puncture the wall of the pepper.
- 4In a large pot, boil the peppers for 5 minutes.
- 5Remove rice and peppers, drain both and set aside.
- 6In a large skillet cook ground pork, mushrooms and onion until meat has browned thoroughly.
- 7In a large pot, mix cooked rice and marinara sauce, heat low/medium heat for 2 or 3 minutes then add meat mixture, Worcestershire sauce, parsley and basil.
- 8Heat mixture for 5 minutes.
- 9Stuff peppers with mixture and top each pepper with Mozzarella,.
- 10Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Green Pepper 1/2's
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.1
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.7 mg
- Sodium 539.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 23.9 g