Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
When the peppers are in season you have got to try this recipe. Simply great....
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 slices bacon, cut in thirds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a 14x20 oven bag inside a 9x13 cake pan.
- Brown the ground beef and onions and drain off the fat.
- Add tomato soup, rice, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Remove the pepper tops and seeds from the green peppers.
- Stuff the peppers with the meat mixture.
- Combined the tomato sauce, flour and water together.
- Pour one half of the tomato sauce mixture into oven bag.
- Place the peppers in oven bag, stuffed side up.
- Spoon the remaining sauce over the top.
- Place one or two slices of bacon over the top of each pepper.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until the peppers are tender.
I made this in the slow cooker (8 hours on low) My husband had been hinting that he wanted me to make stuffed peppers. I kept ignoring him because I had never tried stuffed peppers and couldn't imagine it being good. Well, let me tell you, I think I liked it more than he did. I will make this again. Thank you
This is soooo very tasty. It's been ages since I've made stuffed peppers, and it couldn't have been easier. Loved the idea of baking in the roasting bag. The soup I used was Campbell's Tomato with Basil and Oregano. Worked so well. I've frozen three of the peppers for later use. Thanks Tom for sharing your wonderfully delicious and easy recipe.
I made this recipe a few days ago. It was an easy and fun recipe to make. The cooking bag really cut down the cooking time as well. I will make it again, but next time I will add some spices as I think it needs just a little more kick as far as flavor goes. This would be a good recipe for company. Thank you!