Recipe by Tom Lambie
When the peppers are in season you have got to try this recipe. Simply great....
Top Review by Alana Mae Cooking
I made this in the slow cooker (8 hours on low) My husband had been hinting that he wanted me to make stuffed peppers. I kept ignoring him because I had never tried stuffed peppers and couldn't imagine it being good. Well, let me tell you, I think I liked it more than he did. I will make this again. Thank you
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 slices bacon, cut in thirds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a 14x20 oven bag inside a 9x13 cake pan.
- Brown the ground beef and onions and drain off the fat.
- Add tomato soup, rice, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Remove the pepper tops and seeds from the green peppers.
- Stuff the peppers with the meat mixture.
- Combined the tomato sauce, flour and water together.
- Pour one half of the tomato sauce mixture into oven bag.
- Place the peppers in oven bag, stuffed side up.
- Spoon the remaining sauce over the top.
- Place one or two slices of bacon over the top of each pepper.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until the peppers are tender.