1/1 Photo of Stuffed French Toast Strata With Orange Syrup
Sydney Mike's Note:
The recipe for this very tasty strata came from the Betty Crocker Holiday cookbooklet, Dec 2003. Preparation time does not include the 6 hours needed to set in refrigerator before baking!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR FRENCH TOAST
- 12 slice cinnamon raisin bread
- 118.29 ml neufchatel cheese spread with pineapple
- 118.29 ml orange marmalade
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 354.88 ml whole milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
FOR ORANGE SYRUP
- 177.44 ml light corn syrup
- 59.14 ml frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1FOR FRENCH TOAST ~ Spray 13"x9" baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Toast 6 slices of the bread, then place in pan.
- 3Spread each slice of toast evenly with cream cheese & marmalade.
- 4Butter remaining bread slices, then place them butter-sides up on toast.
- 5In a medium bowl, with wire whisk, beat eggs, milk & vanilla until blended, then pour over bread.
- 6Cover with aluminum foil & refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- 7When ready to proceed, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 8Uncover & bake 35-45 minutes or untild eep golden brown & slightly puffed.
- 9Cut into slices, & place on individual serving plates.
- 10FOR ORANGE SYRUP ~ In small microwavable bowl, mix corn syrup & OJ concentrate.
- 11Microwave uncovered on high about 1 minute or until heated.
- 12Spoon over French toast & enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed French Toast Strata With Orange Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.0
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 157.2 mg
- Sodium 316.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 38.3 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
neufchatel cheese spread with pineapple