Recipe by Pancakes & Cookies
I got this recipe from my Light Cooking cookbook; they're really easy to make and taste great!
Top Review by PaulaG
This was enjoyed for breakfast, dusted lightly with powdered sugar and topped with some warmed maple syrup. Egg substitute was used and a strawberry fruit spread. Made for *PAC Spring 2008*
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry preserves
- 3 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup carnation fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 slices French bread or 12 slices french toast bread
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl mix strawberry preserves and ricotta cheese until smooth (I always add strawberries to taste); set aside.
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate mix: eggs, brown sugar,evaporated milk, and vanilla extract.
- Then, grab two pieces of bread and add ricotta mix between both slices.
- Dip both sides of the sandwich into egg mix and cook each side until golden brown with vegetable oil/butter/margarine in large skillet pan.
- Optional: add powdered sugar and syrup.