Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This tender steak cuts into beautiful spiral slices for serving. Great for special occasions and the extra stuffing bakes in foil right on top of the meat.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 (8 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix, crushed into smaller pieces if needed (do not use Stouffers instant)
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, freshly minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine stuffing, onion, celery and parsley. In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs; stir in broth and butter. Pour over stuffing mixture. Sprinkle with seasoned salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning and stir well.
- Pound steak to 1/2 inch thickness. Spread 1 1/2 cups stuffing mixture over steak. Roll up starting with short side and tie with butcher's twine. Place into a 5-quart slow cooker/crock pot. Note: You do not need to add any liquid to the crockpot, the moisture comes from the meat.
- Take remaining stuffing into a large piece of foil and wrap tightly. Place on top of rolled steak. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat thermometer inserting in stuffing reads 165 degrees. Remove string before slicing.