Recipe by shimmerchk
This tender steak cuts into beautiful spiral slices for serving. Great for special occasions and the extra stuffing bakes in foil right on top of the meat.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 (8 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix, crushed into smaller pieces if needed (do not use Stouffers instant)
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, freshly minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine stuffing, onion, celery and parsley. In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs; stir in broth and butter. Pour over stuffing mixture. Sprinkle with seasoned salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning and stir well.
- Pound steak to 1/2 inch thickness. Spread 1 1/2 cups stuffing mixture over steak. Roll up starting with short side and tie with butcher's twine. Place into a 5-quart slow cooker/crock pot. Note: You do not need to add any liquid to the crockpot, the moisture comes from the meat.
- Take remaining stuffing into a large piece of foil and wrap tightly. Place on top of rolled steak. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat thermometer inserting in stuffing reads 165 degrees. Remove string before slicing.