Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I know there are a lot of stuffed eggs recipes on here, but I think this might be little different.
- 8 hardboiled egg
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- parsley (to garnish)
- Halve eggs and put yolks into small bowl.
- Arrange whites in shallow baking dish.
- Mash yolks with sour cream, lemon juice, mustard, salt and white pepper.
- Beat until very smooth and blended.
- Fill egg whites with yolk mixture.
- Heat butter in saucepan; stir in flour.
- Cook 30 seconds over high heat and slowly stir in stock or wine and half and half.
- Cook, stirring until thickened and smooth.
- Stir in the 1 tsp mustard, basil and half of the Swiss cheese.
- Pour sauce over stuffed eggs. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375°F until cheese is melted and sauce bubbles, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and parsley.
- Serve immediately.