Recipe by Anita Harris
I got this recipe from my sister who is a "great" cook. It's sooo goood and easy to assemble. It will impress your family or friends. Elegant enough for a dinner party. Really good served with a nice rice dish and salad.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed,drained & patted dry
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 bottle Italian dressing (the oil kind)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken and Italian dressing in a large zip-lock bag and marinate several hours or overnight.
- In a bowl mix together spinach, water chestnuts, onion and parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Pound chicken breasts thin then coat both sides in breadcrumbs.
- Place some spinach mixture on each breast and then roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Lightly grease a glass baking dish and place prepared chicken breasts in dish.
- Pour melted butter over chicken and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hr to 1 hr and 15 mins.
- or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.