Recipe by Sage
These rolls are so versatile.You can change the filling to make them your way.They look good on the plate and taste even better.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This is excellent. Loved the flavors of the cream cheese mixture and I can see where this would be very versatile to meet any taste. I sauteed my spinach with 4 garlic cloves before adding to the cream cheese. These were fairly easy to make. Was worried that I would lose the stuffing but it held together well. I used the extra cream cheese mixture and spread some on crescent rolls before rolling up and baking, which turned our really nice. Thanks Rita Made for ZWT4
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cooked spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Flatten chicken between plastic, to 1/4 inch thick.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese with spinach, roasted red pepper, garlic, parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper until combined.
- Spoon equal amount of mixture across narrow end of each breast.
- Roll jelly roll style tucking in the ends.
- Dip in flour, next the beaten egg; roll in breadcrumbs.
- In baking dish arrange chicken seam side down in one layer.
- At this point refrigerate a few hours so your breading will adhere to the rolls.
- When ready to cook; remove from refrigerator.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- *****After 30 minutes lower oven to 350*.
- I told you these were versatile.
- Go for brie cheese, chopped mushrooms, ham,.
- pine nuts, pistachios, crab meat etc.Try whatever you fancy.It will be a hit!