- 4 -6 bell peppers, depending on size of pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves, scant
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tops off peppers. With sharp knife, remove white membrane inside peppers. Wash and pat dry.
- Arrange peppers in baking pan. If one is uneven, slice a bit off the bottom to allow it to stand freely.
- Brown ground beef with onions and garlic.
- Add seasonings, tomatoes, and rice. Blend well. If too soupy, cook until some juice is cooked off.
- Stuff peppers.
- Bake 350 for 45 minutes.