Recipe by Anarchy Lad
I'm currently living off this at uni, I make up a big batch and freeze what I don't use. Lasts about a fortnight with just me eating. It's my mum's recipe and the only thing I never mess up.
Top Review by Robert in melbourne
Awesome! I added some chilli paste-which have it a good kick and also, after I defrosted some I froze, some crumbled ricotta for extra creamyness. From one student to another- thanks!
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (I use corn)
- 2 onions (depends how much onion you have or want to use but 2 is the max)
- 750 g beef mince
- 470 g canned tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil (I normally add a lot more herbs, about double the stated amount)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large shallow frying pan, add peeled and chopped onions, saute gently until onions tender. Add mince and brown over a high heat, mash well to remove lumps.
- Add undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Mash tomatoes well.
- Stir over a medium heat until all ingredients combined. Add water and mix.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer gently uncovered for 2 hours.
- Serve onto spaghetti (500g for 6 people).