Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Recipe Hall of Fame Cookbook II. These can be frozen for up to 1 month. Partly thaw, then bake.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed (a must ingredient)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 -8 hamburger buns
- garlic spread
- 6 -8 slices mozzarella cheese
- Combine butter, garlic powder and paprika.
- Mix well.
- Brown meat;.
- Drain fat.
- Add onion, ketchup, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, fennel seed and oregano.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Split hamburger buns.
- Spread about 1 t Garlic Spread on each bun top.
- Divide meat mixture evenly on bun bottoms.
- Top meat mixture with a cheese slice.
- Top with bun top.
- Wrap each sandwich in a square of foil.
- Bake in 350 oven for 15 minutes or until heated through.