I got this recipe off of Cooking Live. You can mix and match the toppings as you wish. It is a fast and easy dinner. I make the pizza dough in my bread machine, but you can buy it pre-made.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 basic pizza dough
- 5 ounces sliced ham
- 5 ounces pepperoni, sliced thinly
- 1 (10 ounce) box button mushrooms, sliced and sauteed or 2 cans mushrooms
- 2 large red peppers, sliced and roasted
- 1 large onion, sliced and roasted
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (parsley, basil, oregano,etc.)
- cornmeal, for pizza paddle
- Preheat oven with pizza stone in it to 450 degrees.
- If you don't have a stone a baking sheet will do.
- Sprinkle a little flour on your work surface.
- Useing a rolling pin roll dough into a 10 x 14 inch rectangle.
- Cover the rectangle with layers of your desired toppings, leaving a 1 inch border around the sides and at the top.
- Mix the 3 cheeses and the herbs together in a small bowl and sprinkle over the top.
- Starting at the end closest to you, roll the stromboli into a log.
- Seal the dough by pinching firmly with fingertips on sides and ends.
- Sprinkle a little cornmeal on a pizza paddle and put stromboli on the paddle.
- Make sure the seam is on the bottom.
- Use a pastry brush or a mister to apply olive oil.
- Carefully place stromboli on preheated stone, turn down oven to 400 degrees and bake for 35 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice with a serrated knife.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 30 more