Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A wonderful twist to the Ordinary Mac and Cheese.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) canhealthy request cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded kraft low-fat cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms, drained (one 2.5 oz jar)
- 1⁄3 cup land o lakes nonfat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked elbow macaroni, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8x8" baking dish with butter flavored Pam.
- In a medium saucepan, combine mushroom soup and Cheddar cheese.
- Cook over medium heat until cheese melts, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in mushrooms, sour cream, parsley flakes, and black pepper.
- Add macaroni.
- Mix well to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.
My family really liked this recipe. The only thing I changed was that I sprinkled the rest of the bag of cheddar cheese on top before baking it. It was easy to make and gave us something a little different in the macaroni and cheese vein (my son's favorite food).