Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
i make this from scratch for my family and they just love it. It doesn't take long and is fairly easy to do.
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup beef, cubed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 package pasta, any kind
- salt and pepper
- Cook Pasta according to package.
- In a deep skillet.
- Saute Onions and Mushrooms until tender.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Saute the beef until brown and add to the Mushroom mixture.
- Next, add the flour to the juices in the pan and mix until blended well.
- Then gradually add in the Milk and Worchestershire sauce.
- Add back in the Mushroom Mixture and let simmer on low heat for about ten minutes.
- Add in the sour cream and stir until blended and heated through.
- Serve over the pasta.
Fantastic as printed! I did't add nutmeg, only because I forgot. I used 1% milk so myabe that is why the thickness was perfect.
I didn't add the nutmeg either and even though I only used about 1/2 a Tbsp of the flour, it was too thick. I did love the flavor though! Thanks for posting! Ps. I didn't have sour cream so i used 1/2 a block (4oz) of cream cheese.
I loved this ! My little variation was to sprinkle generously with chopped parsley when on the plate.