Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Salad and warm garlic bread will go well with this string (spaghetti) hot dish.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, stir and cook beef, onion and green bell pepper until meat is browned; drain fat.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce; mix well.
- In a large bowl, mix together hot spaghetti, Parmesan cheese, eggs and butter.
- Spoon mixture onto bottom of a 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Spread cottage cheese over top.
- Pour meat sauce mixture over cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle top evenly with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until cheese melts.