Simple Hamburger Hot Dish
photo by CookingONTheSide
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (American-Cheddar cheese blend recommended)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F., cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook beef, onion, garlic powder and salt over medium heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar and pasta.
- Pour into ungreased 8-inch square (2 quart) glass baking dish.
- Cover dish with foil; bake 30-40 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake uncovered 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!