Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
What a refreshing dressing for greens on a hot summer day! I made this tonight and it is very tasty!
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 cup cubed seeded watermelon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- various mixed greens or lettuce or spinach
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- With machine running, add oil in a.
- thin stream; process until well blended.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Chill before serving.
- Serve on leaf lettuce or mixed baby greens.
- Does not include chilling time.
As a caterer I am always looking for new ideas. I have a good recipe for strawberry vinaigrette but this one is even better. I used the recipe today for a group of 80. Everyone wants the recipe!
This great dressing makes a large quantity that packs a lot of flavor with only 2T of oil. I used frozen berries and lime rather than lemon juice.