Prep 15 mins
Cook 31 mins
This is a great coffee cake type recipe that is yummy served slightly warm! Posted for the Strawberry recipe swap, from Cake Mix Magic in Minutes.
- 1 (18 ounce) box2 layer yellow cake mix
- 3 tablespoons uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced strawberries
- 3⁄4 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 3⁄4 cup diced strawberry
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat overn to 350.
- Grease and flour 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Combine 1/2 cup cake mix and oats in a small bowl.
- Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Set aside.
- Place 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries and 2 TBS water in blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Transfer to small bowl and stir in 3/4 cup diced strawberries.
- Set aside.
- Place remaining cake mix in large bowl.
- Add 3/4 cup water, egg whites, applesauce, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Blend 30 seconds at low until moistened.
- Beat at medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Sppon strawberry mixture evenly over batter spreading lightly.
- Sprinkle evenly with oat mixture.
- Bake 31-34 minutes until toothpick comes clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
We loved these Laurie! thanks for posting hon...Kitten:)