Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found the original recipe on Allrecipes.com, although I tweeked it a bit. The balsamic really adds alot of flavor to this salad and the almonds give it a nice crunch. You could toss in some cooked chicken and call it dinner real easy.
- 118.29 ml white sugar (I used Splenda)
- 29.58 ml sesame seeds
- 14.79 ml poppy seed
- 2.46 ml sesame oil
- 7.39 ml dried onion flakes
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml balsamic vinegar
- 946.36 ml cleaned dry Baby Spinach
- 236.59 ml strawberry, halved or quartered
- 59.14 ml packaged sliced honey almonds (optional)
- Whisk together the sugar, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sesame oil, dried onion, paprika, oil and vinegar.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a salad bowl, toss spinach and strawberries with some of the dressing.
- You will have more dressing than you will need.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds if desired.
I absolutely loved this spinach & strawberry salad. The dressing is so nice and thick, just perfect. YUM! I forgot to mention that I didn't add the poppy seeds or the almonds.
Great dressing! I added salt and pepper, and toasted the sesame and poppy seeds.
I also used Splenda for the sugar. The vinaigrette is amazing. This is a wonderful spring time salad and makes an attractive presentation.